It’s been such a looong time since the last time I cooked. You know, I’m currently a little bit busy with my school work, so… there’s no way I’m gonna spend an hour or so in the kitchen doing some cooking experiments which I don’t even know what the result may bring.
But then I found this baked spaghetti recipe in the internet & it seems quite easy that I don’t even need more than 10 minutes of preparation! I mean, the baking session actually takes 20 – 25 minutes, it’s according of how you want your cheese to looks like. But I do nothing at that moment, right? So let us just count it as 10 minutes so this recipe sounds a lot easier.
Here’s all the basic ingredients you’ll need. I actually forgot to use the milk at the end. But it turned out to be just fine. So you don’t really need the milk actually.
- Spaghetti (for a single portion)
- Mozzarella cheese (But I don’t have any, so I use a ‘quick melt’ cheese instead. Gosh, my spaghetti sounds really cheap now. )
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp of ground beef (But again…. I don’t have any. So I substitute it with chopped beef sausage. Forgive me, will you?)
- Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp of spaghetti sauce
- 1 Tbsp of tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp Basil leaves
1. Cook your spaghetti.
Yesterday, one of my friend asked : “Is it true that cooking a pasta is that hard? People said it’s not the same as cooking an instant noodle.”
Well, here’s how to do it perfectly :
Boil 3/4 pot of water. Once the water is boiled, add 1 tsp of salt. Put your spaghetti in and make sure you push it all down into the boiling water. You don’t wanna have a half-done-and-half-raw spaghetti, do you? Stir to keep the pasta from sticking. Now, this is the most important part. You need to actually watch your pot. I mean it. You don’t wanna get your spaghetti overcooked of course because a perfectly cooked pasta is al dente. I usually try my spaghetti after 5 minutes of cooking. But sometimes it takes 6 or 7 minutes or even more. So I always taste the pasta 3 times before I’m finally sure that the pasta is perfectly cooked. Once your pasta is ready, drain the pasta & put your pasta on a plate and toss them with a little drop of olive oil. This part is important so that you pasta will not stick together. Do not rinse your pasta! Don’t ever. Except that you want to cook a cold dish or whatever. But a cold dish sounds so disgusting for me.
That’s it, buddy.
2. While your spaghetti is being cooked, chop 2 cloves of garlic.
3. In a non-stick pan, cook the minced garlic and sausage for a while until it turns a little bit brown.
4. Now that your spaghetti is ready & so do the sausage, put the spaghetti in a casserole since we’ll bake them soon!
Add your spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce on top of your pasta. You may also add basil leaves if you prefer some. Or a little bit of chili sauce. Or just add whatever you think will fits in this dish.
5. Now, preheat your oven to 350 F (or 177 Celcius) for 5 minutes. Then bake your pasta for 20 – 25 minutes. Or until your cheese is melted and turned a little bit brown on top.
And… taa daa~
Your so called Baked Cheesy Spaghetti is done. Now eat them all silently without telling you friends since it’s too good to be shared.